About Me

My photo
I love shopping, baking, crafting,the outdoors (except when its freezing outside), reading and above all else just being with my precious family.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall is my Favorite

 Happy Fall Ya'll,

      I just adore this time of year! The weather is just right and its so beautiful outside all day long. God is so awesome! Have you ever noticed the color palette in the Fall?  It is Gorgeous!!  Well I wanted to share something I made a couple of weeks ago that was so simple, but sooooYuMmY!  It's not like caramel apples are so new or anything, but I had never made them myself. So I was all set to go to the store and buy everything and I realized how expensive caramel can be, so all of a sudden I remembered Aunt Sharon making homemade caramel from sweetened condensed milk.  Sounds crazy and I remember thinking WHAT? when she first told me, but it really works!  There are several ways to go about it.  You can boil the entire unopened can  for three hours in rapidly boiling water~~~ the can has to stay covered with water~~~ that is the way I did it. I have recently heard someone say this can be dangerous, though it worked fine for me. So if you are not comfy doing it that way then you can Google it and it will bring up all kinds of different ways.  I used the store brand which turned out fine, but my sister used the eagle brand and it turned out darker, I don't know if the taste is any differant.  It is definately a cheaper way to get some yummy caramel.. One can covered 10 apples and they were so pretty and yummy!  I rolled some of the apples in peanuts, which made that great salty and sweet combo!   I found a pack of craft sticks for $1 and broke them in half for the sticks. I have to say I was so proud of those caramel apples that I took a pic. (see below)  I would love to hear how it goes if anyone decides to make ca
ramel apples and any helpful tips you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment